So when the wonderful Karen from Baking in a Tornado gave me the opportunity to join forces with her and try to make our statements short and sweet I jumped at the chance. This isn't a new idea by any means, but that didn't mean we didn't have a heap of fun along the way. Credit must be given to Coach Daddy who runs this as a regular challenge using 6 word answers, and was part of the inspiration behind us deciding to give it a go.
So the idea behind this challenge is pretty simple. Karen and I each came up with a heap of different topics, and we each have to say something on all of the topics in 7 words. No more, no less which is quite difficult for both Karen and I. Be sure to visit Karen's website after this to get her take on the topics as well.
1. April showers
Mean winter is on its way soon
2. Doing laundry
Is it legal to go naked yet?
3. The joy of toddlers
You're saying I'm meant to enjoy this?
4. Do you ever get enough sleep?
No, because I sleep with barnacle girl.
5. Could you last a day without internet?
I lasted 13 years so why not?
Still mean work because of my daughter
7. What's your reaction when you see a spider in the house?
How long until Miss K starts screaming?
8. How do you feel about getting older?
I just keep getting better with age.
9. What's your favourite form of exercise?
Does pushing my luck count as exercise?
10.Apply a parenting lesson to politics
Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly
11. What is something you feel naked without?
My handbag, it stores my entire life.
12. What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?
Probably chicken feed pellets as a kid
13. Your best parenting advice to new parents
It gets easier I promise, just breathe.
14. Time travel
I'd go back and meet Oscar Wilde
15. What would your superpower be?
Eyes in the back of my head.
Is for suckers, pass me the chocolate.
17. What makes a best friend?
Someone who knows you inside and out
18. What is your least favourite chore
I absolutely loathe having to do dishes.
19. Which is better, sweet or savoury?
Sweets will always win in my eyes.
20. What is the best invention ever?
Milky coffee - without it life is sluggish
Whew, that took more counting on my fingers than I am prepared to admit to right now, but there you have it. If any of you have alternate answers to any of the questions, I'd love to hear them in the comments below. Also don't forget to visit Karen's blog and check out her answers too.