Friday 1 June 2012

Bitten by a bug

So I'm meant to be in bed right now. I should be cuddled up with my giant feather doona and my memory foam pillow with Little Women playing on my portable DVD player in the background. I should be exhausted considering what a busy little bee I was today, but I'm not. Not really exhausted anyway, just the normal tired I feel every day after putting in a solid 12 hours of being Miss K's mum.

I don't know what has bitten me but I have gotten some sort of motivational bug which has caused me to catch up on a stack of jobs that have been sitting on my to do list for months. Not only am I catching up on long overdue jobs, I'm also keeping on top of the normal everyday jobs I'm meant to do all the time. And for the past two nights I have actually cooked full meals, with meat and vegetables and sauces instead of microwaving some pasta I cooked and froze last time I felt this motivated. I even have plans for how to spend my time tomorrow if this motivation can hold out for another couple of days. I really hope it can, I haven't felt this good in ages. I even gave my dressing gown a wash, something which doesn't happen often only because I live in it so much I hate to part with it long enough for it to wash and dry. (It's a massive thick blue number which makes me look really bulky but I don't care because it's sooo comfy and warm)

This doesn't mean that all of a sudden my house is spotless and simply pinging with sparkly shiny lens flares which only ever seem to appear in cartoons, but Miss K and I both have full clean wardrobes, which is no small feat with Miss K around because any time I leave her in her room alone for more than 5 minutes she pulls everything out of her shelves and piles them up on the floor. I've also scrubbed out my magic bullet which sat in storage in my brother's rat infested shed for 12 months then sat in a plastic bag in my laundry for another 2 because I didn't want to use it again until I had sterilized and scrubbed the crap out of it. I've managed to sell or donate all of Miss K's unwanted clothes and toys to other people and I'm finally starting to see the end of the tunnel. So much so that I'm hoping to get the rest of my stuff out of storage at my dad's place and start piling more crap into my house. It would be so nice to finally have all of my belongings here where I live, not that I've really missed much of it over the past 20 months that I've done without it, but that's not the point.

I'm also starting to try to weed out some of Miss K's bad habits that I've let pass in the past. She has started pinching me when she's throwing a temper tantrum, and as hard as it is for me to be the bad guy, I'm not letting her get away with it like I would have in the past. I'm also trying to teach her that everyone doesn't have to share their food with her, which is a bit harder given that for so long now she's just been allowed to beg everyone for food, and we've all given in to her straight away, but it's starting to cause problems, and I need to nip it in the bud before it leads to other more serious problems.

Well that's really all I wanted to say to you my wonderful readers for now, I really am exhausted now and my pillow and doona are calling out for me so I'm going to and snuggle up for a good night's sleep. Stay awesome and I'll be back soon I'm sure with more scintillating news to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...