Tuesday 26 June 2012

Christmas shopping time!!!

Yes I know it's only June, but this is my favourite time of the year because all the big chain stores around here start having their mid-year toy sales, usually with lay-by available until Christmas Eve. Today was a day I have been waiting for for about 2 weeks, as the catalogues finally arrived in my letterbox this morning, and I spent a good hour or so scouring them for present ideas. I know I have plenty of time to get ready for Christmas, but given I have 2 nieces and a nephew having a birthday between now and December 25th, and then Miss K's birthday in March, there is no time like the present to start getting ready. (I was going to say presents, but then I kicked myself for being so lame. You're welcome)

I have already marked out what presents myself and the jolly fat man in red will be giving Miss K this year, as well as her birthday present for next year, and my nephew's birthday and Christmas presents. Now all I have to do is find birthday and Christmas presents for both of my nieces and I'll be well on my way to being properly organised for all gift giving occasions for the next 8 months. I have even found a Christmas present for Miss K to give me in the Logo Board Game. I will admit I am absolutely mad for corporate logo based quizzes, and have downloaded absolutely every single logo quiz based app for my phone available. If I can't win this game every single time there will be temper tantrums.

The only fly in the ointment of my shopping plans is the fact that it means I actually have to go to the store during one of the biggest sales of the year. This wouldn't be a problem if every other person in a 30km radius hasn't had exactly the same idea as I have. I am not very good at handling large crowds, and tend to lose patience very quickly if I have to push my way through people just to get to the front door. I did consider doing an online lay-by, unfortunately the store I most wish to do my shopping through doesn't have everything I want available online, so I would still have to go to the store to do part of my shopping.

So I have some planning to do, I need to round up a tactical team who can surround me the whole way through the store to make sure no one gets in my way, perhaps a team of strong arms men, or goons for hire would be good. I have some research to do before the sale starts on Thursday. No time to lose my wonderful readers, I've got shopping to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...