Tuesday 9 October 2012

My mini me

So I have been pretty darn slack with the whole blogging thing of late, and I must apologize for that. As you can probably tell from reading my post about how horrible the world is lately I haven't been feeling very chipper lately. It happens from time to time, and when it does I tend to let the little things slide for a while until I am able to cope again. That is why there was no dear diary this week, plus there won't be a 30 day challenge update this week either. So technically it will be a 37 day challenge this time as I took last week off and have started doing the jobs I was meant to do last week today. But given that I am the rule maker here I'll allow it this once (and probably every single time after now too.)

So I have decided today to share with you something that makes me smile every time I see it. Now I know that I am Miss K's mum, given that I was the one that was there for all 17 hours of her birth. But I have to take my mum's word for it when she tells me over and over again that she is so much like me when I was her age. Until I stumbled upon photographic evidence that proves once and for all that she is a mini me of the highest proportions. So this first photo is a picture of me at around age one I think. The person pixelated out is not in the witness protection program, it's just my big sister, and given I haven't asked her permission to put this photo out there in the big bad world of the interwebs I figured I'd give her a mosaic face just in case she is ashamed to be my sister. (Can't for the life of me imagine why she would be though)

I @#$%^ING LOVE PEG TOYS!!!!

Now I do apologize for the terrible quality of this picture, unfortunately digital SLR was not a term people in the 1980's were familiar with.  I love this picture because the look of insane joy on my face is one that I see on Miss K's face all the time. And earlier this year I finally managed to capture it permanently with my camera.

I @#$%^ING LOVE SOY SAUCE!!!!

What you see here is the result of a game of cupboard peek-a-boo. The funny part was every time we opened the door she had something new in her hand. By the time we finished our game there wasn't a single thing on that bottom shelf that she hadn't managed to paw.

So now I know that Miss K gets the same manic look on her face when she's excited that I used to when I was her age. If that's not proof that she's just like her mum then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...