Thursday 15 November 2012

It's all over red rover

Well it is now 13 hours since I sat my exam and I am glad to be able to say I survived. At the end of the day, after the countless hours spent studying, taking notes, marking relevant sections and pulling out my hair, not to mention the sleepless nights spent worrying that I wasn't going to be ready, I got into the exam today to find exactly 21 of the most basic questions on payroll I could have asked for all staring me at the face. And the first thing I thought was "what was I so scared of?" I should have known it wouldn't be a difficult day, especially as it was an open book exam, but to find that I could have skipped the majority of the work I have spent the past month doing and spent that time eating ice cream instead was actually a relief. It meant that obviously I had done enough and that everything would be ok.

But I didn't know that this morning as I watched the clock crawl closer and closer to 12, signalling my cue to get in the car and drive to the exam. So I did what any normal person would do and distracted myself with all kinds of useless tasks. What do the rest of you do when getting ready for something important?? Well below is a list of everything I managed to fill my morning with to keep from worrying.

1. Sort my sock drawer (I couldn't find a single pair of clean socks to put on this morning so it was a logical step)
2. Trim my fringe (I actually did this two days ago but I am terrible at cutting hair so I always have to go back and re-trim spots)
3. Play hairdressers with Miss K (I actually got her hair into a really sweet hairstyle and I'm kicking myself that I didn't take photos.)
4. Drink coffee with the 5 visitors we had over the course of the morning (There are days when this place feels like the main meeting place of my family)
5. Play Farmville (of course)
6. Tidy up the lounge room.

Finally about half an hour before I was due to leave I figured I'd better mark some of the pages of my textbooks with sticky notes so that I could find the relevant information without doing that horrible loud flipping of pages you do when you're nervous, and that killed the rest of the time till I had to leave. When I finally got out the door and went to the car Miss K followed me out, and when she realized she was being left behind the look of betrayal on her face was so heart breaking I almost got back out of the car and stayed home. Luckily for me she had both mum and Natty staying with her so the minute my car was out of sight she cheered up and spent the rest of the afternoon playing. And the welcome home I got from her when I finally returned showed that she had well and truly forgiven me for abandoning her yet again.

I won't bore you with the details of the actual exam, because really there is no way even I can make an exam on payroll sound exciting, and really the most memorable part of the whole experience was the gentleman sitting right next to me who spent the whole time talking to himself. But I do know already that I got two of the questions wrong, but I also know that I'm not the only one who answered them incorrectly so I don't feel so bad. I don't know when I'll get the rest of my results, but the next time I will hear from the TAFE is in the middle of next month when I am invited to re-enroll for the rest of my subjects. But until then I am thankfully on holidays, and gearing up to start a few new projects, as well as finish a few old ones that I have been putting off for way too long now. Stay tuned to hear more shortly, as my first big project will hopefully be a Christmas organizing binder, so I'll be sharing that with you guys soon.

Well given that it is now 3:00 in the morning I should probably go to bed, I will admit I did sneak a nap in this evening once Miss K was in bed so I'm not really very tired, but given that she will probably be up again in about 4 hours I should try to get some extra sleep while I can. Stay awesome my wonderful readers and I'll be back again soon with some awesome new projects for you to admire, and even try if you're brave enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...