Friday 12 April 2013

You tolerate me, you really really tolerate me

What up mah homies?? Word to your mother!

Alright, I have that out of my system now I'll get to the point of this post. I was very pleased to be contacted by Stephanie at Life, Unexpectedly recently to let me know that she was awarding me with a Liebster Award.


For any of you who have never heard of the Liebster Award, it is an award given by the bloggers for the bloggers. It's in essence a chain letter that has been making its way around the blogosphere since around 2010. If you are given the award, you need to write a post with 11 random facts about yourself, you must then answer 11 questions asked of you by the person who gave you the award. You then have to spread the love to 11 further bloggers with a following of less than 200 people, and ask them 11 questions and so the chain continues. While there is no special award ceremony and goody bag to go with a Liebster Award, it is nice to have someone say they like your work so much they want it recognised officially. 

I'd like to thank my mum for teaching me how to write...

Ok so first the 11 random facts about me

  1. I can flip my eyelids inside out. This is an awesome party trick, but one I don't pull out much any more because I got tired of people running away from me screaming
  2. My all time favourite band is Everclear. 
  3. I cannot go to sleep unless I have a television on in the background
  4. I once drove my car into my living room window while trying to do a 3-point turn in my driveway
  5. While cleaning up the broken glass from the above "accident" I sliced my arm open and needed 6 stitches. That was not a good night.
  6. My longest relationship has been 2 and a half years. I thought I was going to marry him, until the day I realised that would be the biggest mistake of my life and left him. I still don't regret this decision.
  7. The biggest arguments I have are always in my head, usually in preparation for a real argument that never seems to happen
  8. When I was younger and child-free I used to eat cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner sometimes.
  9. I have both cheated on and been cheated on by a partner. Both of these make you feel like crap.
  10. I cannot stand seeing children being hurt, it always makes me cry a little bit
  11. If I could speak Spanish, I would move to spain, just so I could have a siesta every day without feeling guilty
Ok so now I have to answer the questions Stephanie has asked of me.

1. What is your favourite fruit?
Definitely bananas. Aside from their comic potential they are also delicious and have so many healthy benefits, it's a total win-win.

2. Do you get your 5 a day on a regular basis?
If you're talking about 5 arguments with my daughter, then yes, yes I do. If you're talking about fruits and vegetables sadly no. Unless you count coffee as a vegetable, which I seem to be the only person who does.

3. Sweet or savory?
Definitely sweet. Cakes, ice cream, lollies, chocolate, biscuits, the sweeter the better.

4. Do you have a lucky number?
Not really, I usually just use my age, but given that changes every year it's hard to know if it's lucky or not.

5. What do you order at Starbucks?
Well we don't have Starbucks down here in my teeny tiny town, so nothing, but if I ever go to the city I'll order a hot chocolate if anything. I'm too used to instant coffee so the real stuff tastes terrible to me.

6. Share your comfort food
This one would definitely have to be banana muffins. Once upon a time it was breakfast food, but given I don't live or work near a patisserie any more it is not as easy to get fresh banana muffins these days, but it is a good day if I can find a bakery that sells them. If not I will settle for a donut.

7. Have you filed for your taxes already?
This one confuses me because in Australia the end of our financial year is actually June 30 so I still have months left to worry about filing a tax return. Plus given that I am a full time parent and do not actually pay tax right now I have even less to worry about, but when I go back to work, I will probably be doing my taxes around mid July. Is it sad that I get excited about filling in my tax return each year??

8. What is the last thing that you bought? (excluding groceries)
Well yesterday I actually went on a mini shopping spree and bought myself a new pair of shoes. I have to go to my baby sister's 21st birthday party tomorrow and I'm pretty sure the pub we are going to won't accept thongs (flip flops for all of you over the pond) or sneakers as acceptable footwear. I also bought myself some more stuff packs for the Sims 3. I am totally obsessed with that game right now.

9. What is your favourite animal and why?
For me it is the dolphin. I love the playful reputation that they have, but that they are also an incredibly intelligent animal. Of course given that they are wild animals they can be incredibly brutal too. It just goes to show you that appearances can be deceiving.

10. What is a colour you would never wear?
Fluro green. I believe it is a colour that belongs in highlighter pens and nowhere else. 

11. Are you happy with your name?
I love my first name because it means Ireland, and that is where my family history is. My surname is absolutely horrible, and easy to misspell and mispronounce, but I can't change it now because then Miss K and I would have different surnames, so it looks like I'm stuck with it forever. (I never gave Miss K her father's name, she took my maiden name when she was born.)

So now I am going to nominate 11 other blogs (with less than 200 followers) that I think are also worthy of the Liebster award. So in no particular order, please find my 11 nominees.

1. Marianne at We Band of Mothers
6. Shelby at It's Always Sonny
8. Shannon at Relentless
10. Momma Bear at A Mommabear's Life
11. Vanessa at Babbling Bandit

So as you can tell just from this tiny list of the blogs that I follow, I love reading the stories of other parents. It's kind of like legal stalking since they let me subscribe to them. And now I am going to ask them all to answer these 11 questions for me.

1. What is the best thing about having children?
2. What is your biggest pet hate?
3. If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, who would it be?
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
5. What is your favourite place in the whole world?
6. Finish this sentence: A perfect day for me would be...
7. Are you a feminist?
8. If you could be a celebrity, what would you want to be famous for?
9. Do you believe in ghosts?
10. Who is your biggest hero?
11. Tell me a secret. 

Ok so all of the lovely bloggers are about to be contacted and notified, there is of course the option of receiving an honorary Liebster award, which means that you don't have to pass it on to other bloggers if you wish not to. 

And again a big thank you to Stephanie from Life, Unexpectedly.

12 comments:

  1. You're Irish and you hate floura-green??? How can this be, you big mystery you? Congrats on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I don't mind the colour itself, I just would not like to walk around looking like an over-sized highlighter pen.

      I can't wait to see your answers to my questions now. Let me know when you have put them up.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the game! Fun fact: all the bloggers who have responded so far have named bananas as their favorite fruit. I myself don't particularly care for them and definitely won't touch them if the start getting brown spots, except to mash them up to make banana muffins :-)

    The tax question.. well, it's tax season here and in the US, and I've been procrastinating horribly.. trying to get myself motivated :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is just because bananas are awesome. I actually turned to Wikipedia when I saw your tax question, and I have seen a lot of the organiser blogs showing how to prepare for tax time, so I figured it must be close for you guys.

      Thank you again for nominating me, I have been hoping that someone would do it soon because I love the Liebster award.

      Delete
  3. here is the link so you can read my answers :) Thanks again for the award. You are the best :) http://beingpositivewithadepressivesoul.blogspot.com/2013/04/two-liebster-awards-in-one-weekwoohoo.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Jamie, I've popped over and checked it out. I loved your answers.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for nominating me! We have a lot in common actually. The longest relationship I've ever had was 2.5 years and my son has my last name as his name, not his father's.

    Here's the answers to your questions:

    1. What is the best thing about having children?
    The love. The love is enormous. And toys. And playing silly buggers. And going to cool places like the Aquarium and Luna Park.


    2. What is your biggest pet hate?
    Crikey, I don't know. I have heaps!


    3. If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, who would it be?
    My nanna because she has been dead for 15 years. I would love her to have dinner with me and my son.


    4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
    To poo money. I need more money.


    5. What is your favourite place in the whole world?
    At home with my family.


    6. Finish this sentence: A perfect day for me would be...
    Sailing on the harbour (Sydney) with good friends and family and great food.


    7. Are you a feminist? Yes but I still like blokes to hold the door open for me.

    8. If you could be a celebrity, what would you want to be famous for? My writing.


    9. Do you believe in ghosts? No.

    10. Who is your biggest hero? My sister.

    11. Tell me a secret. I have none. Just read my blog. ;)

    Thanks again for the Liebster!

    V.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Vanessa, I love your answers. Especially your super power. I have never heard anyone wanting to poo money before. I am glad to nominate you for this award, your brutal honesty about everything is so refreshing, you are well deserving of this and much more.

      Delete
  5. Hi! Thank you for nominating me for this award! What a fun comment to read. I'm going to get cracking at my answers tonight--not sure I'll get it posted, but wanted to let you know that I'm working on it. Also, thank you for following my blog--fun to find out someone across the world is reading about the little things that happen in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, it was my absolute pleasure to nominate you. Yours was one of the first blogs I started following when I started blogging so I've liked your work for ages now. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your award. And it always gives me a thrill to think that someone somewhere is even a tiniest bit interested in what I have to say, I'm still surprised that my audience doesn't just consist of my mum.

      Delete
    2. My answers are finally up! :) Thank you for the perfect and subtle way to share a special secret. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for letting me know Laura, and congratulations too!!! Anyone else want to know what I'm talking about, go check out Kids, Cookies and Cocoa now...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...