Sunday 19 February 2012

Bad cop says EAT YOUR SANDWICH!!!!

I can't believe it's Sunday night already. Weekends need to be made longer. I've had enough of this 5 days on 2 days off crap! Not that I actually work any harder during the week than I do on the weekend, but it just feels more relaxed on Saturdays and Sundays.

 Today was a good day, Ady is in town at the moment for his weekend visit with Miss K. We took her to a park in town just for something different to do. Miss K is still way too young to really appreciate the park, just like she's too young to appreciate a lot of things, but she went along happily, and seemed to enjoy herself, even if she had no idea what was going on. We used the outing as an opportunity to take photos of Miss K with each of us, as when I'm with her on my own, I'm usually either too busy to get the camera out, or focusing on taking photos of just her, so there are actually very few photos of Miss K and I together, and because Ady is only down on weekends, there are fewer opportunities to take photos of them together. 

Miss K loved having her dad here today, and spent a lot of time playing with him. It's great for me to see this, as before she was born and even when she was littler, there were times that I doubted that these two would ever have a good relationship. I wasn't sure if we'd have to start again each fortnight as if she was meeting him for the first time, as 2 weeks is a long time for a baby to go without seeing someone. But Miss K seemed to know right from the beginning who Ady was, and they have had a special bond since she was very young. It can be frustrating sometimes, because Ady doesn't seem to get the same temper tantrums from her that I do, and I get the feeling I'm going to spend the rest of her life playing the bad cop.

 Not that I'm doing too good a job at being the bad cop right now. I find myself being very lenient with Miss K, and giving in very easily when she starts screaming at me. I feel that this is part of the problem I'm having with trying to get her to eat more solid foods. She is a lot smarter than I gave her credit for, and she learned long ago, that if she screams and throws herself around enough, I'll give in and stop trying to make her eat foods she doesn't want to. I'll persist for maybe 10 minutes before I give in and just give her a bottle of milk, and it seems that her stamina is greater than mine. I don't know if it's just that I can remember being a child and having to eat food that I hated, and I don't like doing it to someone else, or if I just can't stand seeing my baby girl so upset. But after watching Miss K get so distressed, I feel like the world's biggest bitch. I usually take about 10 minutes to calm down after a meal, and I think Miss K knows this and is using it to her advantage.

 But whether she realises it or not, I'm doing this for her own good, as she can't spend the rest of her life eating strained apple and mashed potato. So every day I'll try again, and hopefully soon I'll learn how to get the upper hand and get her to eat the way she needs to.

 Well it's definitely bed time for me. I have to get up stupidly early tomorrow morning because I have an appointment with a hypnotherapist to see if I can't quit smoking. Hopefully by this time tomorrow night I will finally be a non smoker again. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...