Sunday 15 April 2012

Insert witty title here

Again it's been too long between posts, but this time I have a good reason. I've been trying to write a post about Miss K's hospital stay, but even 12 months after the fact, it's too hard to write about. At first I put off writing it until we hit the 12 month mark just in case I jinxed her and she ended up sick again, but that date came and went, and it was still too hard. Maybe one day I'll be able to tell you guys the story, but right now is not the right time.

Another reason I don't have time to blog much at the moment is that Miss K is so busy these days, and I spend more time than ever chasing her around and keeping her out of trouble. She has such a fearless attitude, which is great in some ways, but in others it means she doesn't see how bad an idea dive bombing off my bed is. I've had to do a mad ninja style dash to the other side of the bed on several occasions now to make sure she doesn't face plant on my floor jackass style.

Tonight we went out to a pub for tea as it was my baby sister's 20th birthday yesterday so the whole family came out for tea, and Miss K had her first pub meal, which was really just some of my pasta and some of grandpa's chips, but she loved it. Unfortunately we had to cut our evening short as Miss K had decided this afternoon she didn't need a nap, as playing with her mobile that hangs over her cot was much more fun, so she was exhausted by the time she had finished her tea. This is something I have come to accept, and as a result I really try to plan most of our outings for while the sun is up, but once in a while the rules have to be bent for special occasions.

It has always surprised me how well Miss K adapts to new foods and drinks. We swapped to normal cow's milk last week, and she's taken to it better than I expected. Especially since I was lactose intolerant as a baby and couldn't seem to keep the stuff down, and even now days the only time I drink milk is in my coffee.

As for me, my eyes are hanging out of my head as I type this, so I'm going to bed for hopefully a nice long sleep. I'll leave you now with a picture my sister took of Miss K "sleeping" this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...