Sunday 20 May 2012

No, it's not another whinge

I cannot believe I have been so busy moaning at you my wonderful and long suffering readers lately I haven't had a chance to tell you all the wonderful things that are happening around here. Well I apologise and would like to make this post a happy one for a change.

So Miss K has been making great strides in a lot of areas lately which makes me feel optimistic that she hasn't been too affected by her illness last year. Her constant babbling is finally starting to turn into real words and I am proud to say that she can say grandma (pronounced bumma according to Miss K), What's this and wow. She also spends a lot more time trying to copy the sounds I make, or at very least copying the patterns of the words I'm saying, and we have a lot of fun talking to each other these days. Miss K also loves to help me change her nappy and get her dressed in the morning, and takes great pride in brushing her hair (and the shower of compliments she gets from me when she's finished). She has also started climbing onto our couches which I know I should be frustrated at, as it means more work for me keeping an eye on her, but I know this is such a big milestone so I can't help but be happy when I watch her scrambling up on the chairs in an attempt to get to anything she can get her hands on. She is also getting closer to walking every day, and now she will happily let me put her down on her feet and make her walk around the room instead of dropping onto her bum straight away and cracking a tantrum. She also spends a lot more time cruising around the coffee table doing laps which I know is another sign she's getting closer to trying to take her first steps on her own. Miss K has also learned a number of new songs with thanks to my big sister and can now do the hand movements to Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, The Wheels on the Bus and Open, Shut them. I hope to get a copy of Miss K doing at least one of these on video and if I can I will be posting it here so you guys can see it too.

The other thing that is going on at the moment is I'm doing a big clear out of old toys that Miss K has grown too old for, or we don't have the room for. Hopefully once I've gotten rid of some of her old clutter I can start redecorating her bedroom. I've decided that I'm going to do away with the jungle theme that is in her room now and change it to a Dr Seuss bedroom. I'm pretty excited about this and I've started making plans and looking for materials, now all I have to do is buy the paints, canvases and anything else I think will work and start redoing her room. I'll keep you posted as things happen.

But now I'm going to bed, I have a busy day tomorrow, toys to deliver to an op-shop, toys to sell to people and vacuuming to do, so I really need my beauty sleep. Stay awesome readers and I'll be checking in again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...