Thursday 27 September 2012

Another birthday

I am so tired right now, so very, very tired. Soooo...........tired.

So you may have guessed that I'm tired. If you haven't guessed that yet you're probably as tired as I am. For goodness sake go to bed now and read this blog in the morning if that is the case. I can wait, I'm a very patient person (not really but I'll make an exception this time).

So why am I so tired you ask?? I have no darn idea. It has been a little busier than normal over here at the casa de insanity, Ben and Tristan came down yesterday to take my niece to the Melbourne show, they stayed here last night and this afternoon the rest of the family all swarmed in our suddenly tiny lounge room to celebrate my niece's ninth birthday. So far she got the trip to the Melbourne show, a party at our place, on Monday she's going ice skating with my baby sister, and the best part of the present is going to be this weekend with her parents. I can't say too much because I have no idea if she reads my blog, and if she does I don't want to give the surprise away, but all I can say is I am so jealous right now, as she is getting to fulfil the dream of every 9 year old girl this Saturday. And no, she isn't meeting Justin Bieber.

I didn't go to the Melbourne show yesterday, but that is because I really didn't feel like shelling out $35 for a ticket into the show and then the exorbitant prices for rides, foods and show bags. I did however send a shopping list up with Ben, and Miss K woke up this morning to see a shiny new ABC show bag sitting in the lounge room waiting for her. She also got a new Elmo teddy from Tristan, and a stuffed duck toy from my niece. Oh to be one and cute again.

Or to be nine and have so many awesome aunts and uncles. I actually feel guilty about my gift to my niece, because while every one else has splashed out and got her trips to special events I got her a Beados set. Woot. She promised me she loves it, and she sounded genuine, and I'm not sure she is very good at lying about these things because I still remember her reaction at her birthday last year when she got a surfer t-shirt that she knew was from the boys section of K-Mart.

I am still struggling to wrap my head around the fact that my baby niece is 9 years old. I can still remember the day she was born, and it feels like it was yesterday. It was grand final night, we had been sitting around the house for hours waiting to hear the good news that the baby was finally born, I had exhausted myself by nervously scrubbing out the shower and fallen asleep on the couch when the call finally came. I can even remember that she was born weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces. But ask me what I was wearing yesterday and I draw an absolute blank.

So given the excitement we've had around here the last few days plus the visit Miss K and I paid to an old friend this afternoon, I am very, very, verrrry tired and I feel I must go to bed before I start drooling on the keyboard in my sleep. Have a good one y'all and I'll be back bright eyed and busy tailed tomorrow. Oh and a big happy birthday to my gorgeous niece too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...