Thursday 25 October 2012

30 day challenge finale

So I looked at the calendar today and apparently it's Thursday. I don't know when that happened because I'm pretty sure the last time I looked it was only Tuesday and I still had one more day to try and do some cleaning before I had to come back here and face the music. But I have run out of stalling time so someone start the band as we round up the very last week of the 30 day challenge. Cue the banner


So first a recap of the jobs I was meant to do this week. 

  • Tackle one shelf in the pantry
  • Pick a room, wash all windows
  • Scrub the grout in the shower
  • Find another hot spot in the house and clean it up
  • Vacuum the couches and under the couches
  • Go on a cobweb hunt. Get rid of every single cobweb in the house
  • Pick a room and wash all walls from floor to ceiling
  • Pick a room, wash all windows
  • Steam clean the carpets

Now before I tell you what I ended up accomplishing this week I will start with an excuse. My dog ate my homework and I slept through my alarm this morning before getting stuck in traffic and I had to go to the doctors first and the queues were huge. Plus I have this cough. 

So this week sadly nothing got done. Well not exactly nothing, I did get some homework done, and yesterday I went shopping, so that was kind of fun. But sadly after our very dramatic weekend I really couldn't find the inspiration to care about cobwebs and grout so cleaning this week was basically making sure there was nothing on the floor that I could trip and break my neck on. And even that was too hard some days. I did kill a massive huntsman spider who was holding me hostage in the toilet, but given I never did get around to cleaning the remains of his insides from the toilet wall I guess that can't even be counted. 

So yet again the 30 day challenge ends with a whimper instead of a roar. I would love to be able to finish this series with the proclamation that I am now a cleaning goddess who laughs in the face of grime and folds laundry while vacuuming the floors, but I am still exactly the same lazy slob I was at the beginning. But it's not all doom and gloom, I did manage to get some of the things on my list done, I ended up taking 4 boxes and 3 bags of things to a local op shop for donating, and we do have some spots in the house that are starting to look a lot better, but there is still a lot to be done. 

I am actually hoping once I've finished school for the year that I will have some extra time to devote to the housework during the summer. Of course that is provided I don't get distracted by something shiny again. 

Well that's it for the time being, I now need to go back and find something else I want to accomplish and make a new 30 day challenge. If I can force myself to focus for long enough I should hopefully have something ready by Monday. 

So until next time my wonderful readers stay awesome, and if any of you can think of anything that might stop me from getting so distracted next time, feel free to drop me a line in the comments and I'll be sure to try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...