Thursday 18 October 2012

30 day challenge update

So what do my internet connection and a lawyer have in common? Neither of them work unless you pay their bill.

With that in mind I apologize for the lateness of this update, and without further ado, I think it's time to get on with my latest 30 day challenge update.


So I'm sure that given it's been more than 2 weeks since I've updated this you've probably all forgotten what jobs I was meant to be doing this time around. So for all of you wonderful people, here is an update. For anyone who wants to re-read the last post, you can check it out here

  • Tackle my craft area, throw out anything I don’t think I’ll ever use and organize everything else into tubs and folders
  • Clean the stove and oven
  • Empty the bathroom cupboard and dispose of almost empty or expired products
  • Empty the laundry room out and sweep and mop. Return everything to the room neatly
  • Empty out the computer desk drawers and throw out old cables and other junk. Return necessary cables in a neat fashion
  • Reorganize Miss K’s toys, throw out any toys that she has outgrown or doesn’t play with
  • Pick a room and wash all walls from floor to ceiling


So I am proud to be able to say that this time I was actually able to accomplish some of the things on this list. While I didn't get anywhere near the craft desk, we now have a sparkling clean oven, bathroom cupboard and computer desk (thanks to mum). Miss K's toys have been reorganized and I managed to force myself to part with one or two of them. (I am really much too sentimental about her things.) I also didn't get around to washing any walls, but I'm not stressing too much about that one. And just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I even went back to a few of the jobs from the week before that I didn't get around to, and now I have gotten rid of all my old clothes that no longer fit me, and all the appliances got a wipe down. Mum even got into the pantry and emptied that out, which is no small feat considering it is one of our larger junk areas in the house.

So this week was pretty huge as far as cleaning goes, and I feel all the better for it. Now I am up to the 9 days of cleaning, and the jobs I am meant to accomplish this time around are below.

  • Tackle one shelf in the pantry
  • Pick a room, wash all windows
  • Scrub the grout in the shower
  • Find another hot spot in the house and clean it up
  • Vacuum the couches and under the couches
  • Go on a cobweb hunt. Get rid of every single cobweb in the house
  • Pick a room and wash all walls from floor to ceiling
  • Pick a room, wash all windows
  •  Steam clean the carpets
 So there you have it, 9 more days 9 more jobs to go. Given that this is the last 9 days of the challenge your next update will come on Wednesday instead of Monday, but I know that you are all such wonderful and patient people so you won't mind an extra two days of waiting.

Well that's all there is for now, I'll be back again with your regular scheduled blog shortly. Until then, stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...