Monday 22 April 2013

Recipe- Toasted Banana and Nutella Sanga

Hello again my wonderful audience, I am back with another super dooper awesome recipe for you guys to share. Now I am feeling incredibly lazy today, which explains why I am so late in posting this recipe, as well as why I have chosen a simple meal to share with you guys today too.

So as you can tell from today's recipe, I'm showing you guys how to make a toasted sanga. For any of my audience who doesn't call Australia home, this term may confuse you, so to confuse you guys even further, I'll tell you that I'm either toasting sandwiches, or an Abyssinian Ox. I'll let you guys decide while I post this picture.

For anyone who guessed I was cooking an Ox, you are awesome, PM me now, we need to talk!

Yep I am so lazy that today my recipe is a toasted sandwich. But this is a toasted sandwich that takes a certain amount of skill. Because it's one thing to smear some Nutella on a piece of toast and walk to the lounge room while chewing on it. It's another to combine the Nutella with hot melty banana and eat it without ending up looking like a two year old who is still learning to eat properly.

This is usually how I look after eating one of these bad boys.

Ok so to make my favourite breakfast/lunch/snack/comfort food, you will need the following.

2 slices of bread. 
Margarine or butter to lubricate the bread
Nutella or other similar choc-hazelnut spread
1 medium to large banana
1 Sandwich press or grill

So to make a toasted banana and nutella sandwich, first spread your butter/margarine/olive oil spread/Nuttelex on both slices of bread
Smear a generous amount (read; shitload) of Nutella on one slice of bread
Mash the banana and spread it on the other slice of bread
Slap those two babies together, being careful not to spill any banana, that stuff is precious.
Put the sandwich in the sandwich press, or under the grill until the bread is golden brown and crispy, and the banana is nice and warm and soft

This bad boy feeds one, but don't be surprised if you start getting hungry eyes from everyone within a ten metre radius.


I'm so hungry I'm going to stab this melon....ladies

Well that's all from me for now, I'm off to go do something productive, like make another toasted banana and nutella sandwich. Later y'all.

6 comments:

  1. Yum! And my son loves Nutella this will be something new than just a regular slice of bread with Nutella spread. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Stephanie, glad to see someone else appreciate my cooking.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love Nutella, and I can totally justify eating it if I combine it with a banana.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my reasoning too. Which is why I quite often grab a teaspoon (ok a tablespoon) of nutella and just dip the banana in it. It's totally not fattening if it's on fruit

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I would drizzle some chocolate sauce on this for double the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Yes!! that would just make it even more perfect. You are a genius.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...